Monday, March 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made cookies.

I shouldn't have, because cookies will be the death of me. If I make pretty much anything else, cupcakes, pie, cake, etc. I won't get the urge to eat them. But cookies? Oh man. I will devour them. And that's obviously not a good thing. Good while I'm doing it, but not good afterwards if you know what I mean.

These, I think, are my favourite cookies. These are my Grandma Marilyn's recipe,  even called "Grandma Marilyn Cookies" in my recipe book. There isn't anything extravagant about them, but they are just so good. The more chocolate chips the better.

This time, I wasn't sure if I had enough chocolate chips, so I actually cut up a couple chunks of baking chocolate (of the dark variety), and threw that into the cookie dough as well. If you're going to do this, I suggest making sure that they aren't stuck on the outside of the cookie dough ball when you put it on your cookie sheet. Or this will happen:



Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! But, they just look a little different.

I'm currently trying to hide them in my cookie jar (AKA a bean pot, but I'll tell you about that another time), so that they aren't sitting out on my counter where I can see them, and where I just want to eat them. But they are just SO TEMPTING.

Anyway, make these, and try not to eat them. I dare you.


Grandma Marilyn Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

In a bowl mix:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

In another bowl, with either a hand beater or stand mixer, beat:
1 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar

Then add:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix the wet and the dry ingredients together, either with a wooden spoon, or in a stand mixer, and then fold in:
1 bag (or about 2 cups) of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Once this is done, you may want to test out some of the cookie dough (I don't REALLY recommend this because there are raw eggs so you might get sick, but I do actually think you should, because it's delicious. But don't blame me if you get sick).

Spray a cookie sheet with pam, and plop on some spoonfuls of the cookie dough, spreading them out evenly on the sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges turn slightly golden. I had mine in for about 11 minutes. I like my cookies lighter, so this worked out well.

Which one of these is not like the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment